Essex County has an installment payment program for taxpayers who have not yet paid their current year
taxes. Taxpayers may be eligible if they have current year taxes unpaid. This installment
plan will not benefit everyone. If you feel that this payment plan may help you, and you can comply with all
conditions, you may contact the Essex County Treasurers Office at 518-873-3310 to make an appointment to come in
to discuss this program. To participate in the installment program, there are certain conditions which must be met,
including, but not limited to, the following:
- A minimum down payment of 25% of all taxes due is required.
- 12% annual interest is charged on upaid taxes.
- All installment payments must be received within 30 days of the due date.
- A late charge of 5% of the overdue amount will be added if payment is not received within 15 days of the due date.
- All future taxes, special ad valorem levies, or special assessments levied after the agreement is signed, must be
paid before the warrant of the collecting officer expires. If any of these taxes, levies, or assessments is
returned, the installment agreement is void and foreclosure on the property will continue.
- A prior agreement has not been defaulted.
- All agreements must be entered into before December 31st of the year that the taxes are due.
No installment agreements will be offered after that date for tax delinquencies.