Request a Resiliency in Action Training for your organization, school, or community group!
Resiliency in Action Training is available for Essex County NY groups! You will be matched with a member of the Essex County Resiliency Trainer Network. Trainings are customizable and cover the internal and external protective factors that help people bounce back from adversity, as well as practical resiliency building tools for all ages and audiences.
All instructors are certified through extensive training with Dr. Nan Henderson through the Resiliency in Action program.
Caregiver Support: Nurturing Parenting Together
Free and open to the pubic
- Scheduled Nurturing Parenting Classes 2022 ACAP (updated 11.12.21
- Download ACAP Parenting Education Brochure
- Read the SUN Community News article about these classes: Help available for stressed parents
- Additional dates, times, and locations to be announced.
- Parents and caregivers who want to learn more or to register can contact Emma Jean Okusky at 518-420-6808 or at email@example.com.
Suicide Prevention: QPR Training
QPR stands for Question, Persuade, and Refer — the 3 simple steps anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide.
- Free, thanks to generous funding from WDI. Read more about our partnership with WDI on this pilot project.
- Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help.
- Each year thousands of Americans, like you, are saying “Yes” to saving the life of a friend, colleague, sibling, or neighbor.
- QPR can be learned in a Gatekeeper course in as little as one hour.
- Inquire about QPR Training: ECSPcoalition@gmail.com or complete this QPR Interest Form.