PERSONNEL COMMITTEE

Monday, April 19, 2021 - 10:00 AM

 

 

 

Stephanie DeZalia, Chairperson

Joseph Giordano, Vice-Chairperson

 

Chairwoman DeZalia called this Personnel Meeting to order at 10:25 am with the following Supervisors virtually in attendance: Clayton Barber, Robin DeLoria, Archie Depo, Stephanie DeZalia, Shaun Gillilland, Joseph Giordano, Charlie Harrington, Roy Holzer, Kenneth Hughes, Steve McNally, Jim Monty, Noel Merrihew, Tom Scozzafava, Jeffrey Subra, Ike Tyler Joe Pete Wilson and Davina Winemiller.Jay Rand was absent.

 

Department Heads present: Dan Palmer, Judy Garrison, Dan Manning and Jennifer Mascarenas.

 

Media present:Sun News, Tim Rowland.

 

 

DEZALIA:I will call this Personnel and Administration meeting to order. Weíll start out with Jenn Mascarenas.

 

MASCARENAS:Good morning.I donít have anything in addition to my monthly report unless anyone has any questions for me?

 

McNALLY:How is your candidate pool?

 

MASCARENAS:Depending on the exam really.We just had 36 sign up for the Deputy Sheriff exam more than usual but then we have others like highway that we canít get any for.

 

McNALLY:Vacancies?

 

MASCARENAS:They are steady, nothing more than whatís been advertised.We get several Correction Officers.

 

MONTY:How many vacant positions are there in the county?

 

MASCARENAS: I donít know that number off the top of my head but I can get you that.

 

PALMER:Quite a few.

 

MONTY:If you would.Thank you.

 

MASCARENAS:Sure.

 

DEZALIA:Anything else for Jenn?Thank you Jenn.

Alright, Judy, Clerk of the Board.

 

GARRISON:Good morning.I submitted my monthly report and I just have one resolution, accepting the semi-annual mortgage tax report from 10/01/2020 Ė 3/31/2021.

 

RESOLUTION, ACCEPTING THE SEMI-ANNUAL MORTGAGE TAX REPORT FROM 10/01/2020 Ė 3/31/2021.Wilson, Hughes

 

DEZALIA:Anything else Judy?

 

GARRISON: Thatís all I have unless anyone has any questions?

 

MONTY:Has the OTB numbers gone up since Covid?

 

PALMER:Surprisingly about the same.

 

MONTY:I didnít know if the numbers were going up because people were bored?

 

GARRISON: It is about the same.

 

MONTY:Thank you.

 

DEZALIA: Anything else?Thank you Judy.

Dan Manning, County Attorney.

 

MANNING:The only thing I have is a lease extension.We currently have a lease with the Fort Ticonderoga Association relative to putting some of our radio equipment on their property.The lease provides for an extension of the lease and 3% COLA every year that the lease is in effect.The original lease was in the amount of and this was 2011, this is how long itís been since updated the original lease amount was $13,200, so what Iím asking for is a lease extension extending this lease for another five-year term with the next year to be $17,222.92, which is basically the 3% escalation of the COLA and this one will continue to have the 3% escalation during the five-year term.So you will execute the lease for this year itíll be $17,222.92, every year thereafter will be a 3% increase added to that for the five-year term.So I need a motion, a second, discussion.

 

RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE COUNTY CHAIRMAN OR COUNTY MANAGER TO EXECUTE A LEASE EXTENSION WITH FORT TICONDEROGA ASSOCIATION FOR A FIVE-YEAR TERM AND OPTIONS, IN THE AMOUNT OF $17,222.92, WHICH INCLUDES 3% INCREASE EACH YEAR FOR COLA, SUBJECT TO REVIEW AND AMENDMENT BY THE COUNTY ATTORNEY.Scozzafava, Giordano

 

DEZALIA:Discussion?Any questions?

 

MANNING:Thank you.

 

DEZALIA: All in favor, thank you.Is that it Dan?

 

MANNING:Thatís it.

 

DEZALIA:Alright anything else to come before the Personnel board.

 

MONTY:Dan, were you going to introduce the amendment to the Coroners law?

 

MANNING: Yeah, Iíll have those ready for Ways and Means.

 

MONTY:And did you set the date for the hearing on the reducing the hunting age?

 

MANNING: Yeah, that has to be done at a regular meeting. Any introduction of a local law and any passage of a local law so what weíll do is at the May meeting that will be all ready for introduction, weíll set a public hearing, weíll have a public hearing and weíll have a special meeting at the end of one of our committee meetings during the month of May because I know you want to have it done by June 1st so that will all be done by June 1st.

 

MONTY: Thank you.

 

MANNING: Your welcome.

 

DEZALIA:Thank you.Anything else?Okay, weíre adjourned.

 

††††††††††† As there was no further discussion to come before this Personnel Committee it was adjourned at 10:30 a.m.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

 

Judith Garrison, Clerk

Board of Supervisors