1. Put a kit together for emergencies.
2. Make a plan with contact numbers of family, extended family, friends
3. Be informed of weather related and terrorist activities.
Sign up for NY Alert (New York State’s All-Hazards Alert & Notification System)
4. Consider Pet Evacuation/Planning
5. Consider joining Essex County Medical Reserve Corps
A component of local health department responsibility to promote and protect the health of their residents is the planning for and responding to health emergencies. Emergencies may be naturally occurring, accidents or deliberate acts. Examples include:
Our program ensures the:
Our work is accomplished largely through partnerships with Government-local, state & federal; Hospitals; and Community Based Organizations.