The Public Health Unit conducts all NYSDOH required public health work. It is organized in 6 core program areas:
Overarching strategies to improve population health include:
* using data to assess needs and evidenced-based programming to target interventions;
* leading or participating in collabortiave community-level interventions;
* supporting policy, system and environmental level activities;
* engaging in education, outreach & public health marketing & communication activities;
* conducting ongoing surveillance, reporting & investigation activities; and
* connecting with medical providers, laboratories and other partners in health to assure early detection and treatment of health issues.
Click on each tab to learn more about each program.
Public Health Laws & Codes scroll down the alpha order list of abbreviations to PBH