The Public Health Unit conducts all NYSDOH required public health work. It is organized in 6 core program areas:
Overarching strategies to improve population health include:
* using data to assess needs and evidenced-based programming to target interventions;
* leading or participating in collabortiave community-level interventions;
* supporting policy, system and environmental level activities;
* engaging in education, outreach & public health marketing & communication activities;
* conducting ongoing surveillance, reporting & investigation activities; and
* connecting with medical providers, laboratories and other partners in health to assure early detection and treatment of health issues.
Click on each tab to learn more about each program.