For Scheduling Questions please use the following contact information:
Mailing Address: PO Box 217, Elizabethtown, NY, 12932-0217
Doreen Abrahamsen, Transportation Coordinator
Neal Kelley, Supervising Bus Driver
UPDATE 8/26/2020: Three temporary Shoppers Schedules starting the week of August 31st.
**PLEASE NOTE that the regular Transportation Routes are STILL CANCELLED until further notice.**
- These are temporary Shoppers Trips
- By Reservation only.
- Reservations are required by Noon the day before the trip.
- Please call 1-800-914-9266 to reserve a spot.
- Seating is limited/reduced.
- Face coverings are required by all riders for the duration of the trip.
- Essential travel only – pick up your groceries/prescriptions.
Champlain South Shoppers Trips – Starts Monday, 8/31/2020. Trips happen every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. 2 Trips per day.
Lake Placid Shoppers Trips – Starts Tuesday, 9/1/2020. Trips happen every Tuesday and Thursday. 2 Trips per day.
Mountain Valley Shoppers Trips – Starts Wednesday, 9/2/2020. Every Wednesday.
NOTICE 3/17/2020: At the end of the day, Tuesday, 3/17/2020, all Transportation Routes in Essex County will be CANCELLED until further notice. Lake Placid XPRSS was cancelled until further notice as of 3/16/2020. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by these cancellations. You can call the Transportation Department at 1-800-914-9266 with any questions. You can view the Cancellation Announcement here.
Essex County public transportation schedules:
- Lake Placid XPRSS Trolley Schedule (cancelled until further notice as of 3/16/2020)
- Cascade Express (Elizabethown, Keene, Lake Placid, Ray Brook, Saranac Lake – cancelled until further notice as of 3/17/2020)
- Champlain North Route (Elizabethtown, Essex, Willsboro – cancelled until further notice as of 3/17/2020)
- Champlain South Route (Elizabethtown, Westport, Moriah, Crown Point, Ticonderoga – cancelled until further notice as of 3/17/2020)
- Mountain Valley Shuttle (cancelled until further notice as of 3/17/2020)
- Ski Shuttle Schedule Route 1 (ended as of 3/15/2020)
- Ski Shuttle Schedule Route 2 (ended as of 3/15/2020)
- Shoppers Schedule 2020 (cancelled until further notice as of 3/17/2020)
Clinton County: Ausable Route Schedule
The bus may arrive at a stop before the scheduled time. The bus may not leave a stop before the scheduled time.
Timetables contained herein are estimated times. Weather, traffic, and other circumstances can affect timelines of service. Please contact Essex County Transportation office at 1-800-914-9266 to find out where any particular bus is at any given time.
February 2020 – Please take our most recent public transportation rider survey. This survey includes a recent proposal about the possibility of a future shuttle running from Elizabethtown to the Ticonderoga Senior Nutrition Site and/or Ticonderoga Walmart and back.
(Please note that the Essex County ride share website has been discontinued)
Abogo is a tool that lets you discover how transportation impacts the affordability and sustainability of where you live.
The Transportation-to-Work Toolkit for the Business Community gives businesses the information they need now to assist their employees in realizing a timely, cost-efficient commute that promotes productivity at your business site and employee satisfaction.