For Scheduling Questions please use the following contact information:
Mailing Address: PO Box 217, Elizabethtown, NY, 12932-0217
Like us on Facebook
TAKE THE TRANSPORTATION SURVEY – help us devise the best routes based on where the greatest needs exist.
Current Routes – Updated 4/1/2022
- Current Fares are as follows:
- One Way – $2.00
- In Town – $0.75
- Route Deviation – $1.00
- The first Wednesday of every month is FREE! (excludes shopping shuttles)
**PLEASE NOTE the following is in effect for all routes**
- Mask/Face coverings for nose and mouth are highly RECOMMENDED for all passengers. (updated 5/1/22)
- Hand Sanitizer is provided to be used upon entering the bus.
- All vehicles are handicap accessible and ADA compliant
TRAFFICE NOTICE FOR LAKE PLACID VILLAGE: The 2022 Main Street construction season begins on April 11 and a detour will be in effect. Southbound traffic will be redirected to Old Military Road. Main Street will be one-way going north starting at the intersection of Routes 73 and 86 at the south end to the intersection of Route 86 (Saranac Avenue) and Hillcrest Avenue at the north end. This is an extension from last year’s detour route, which began at the public parking lot across from the Post Office. This change was made to accommodate additional water main work at the south end of Main Street. Construction work will be suspended on July 1 and will resume at the end of August.
* The bus may arrive at a stop before the scheduled time. The bus may not leave a stop before the scheduled time.
** Timetables contained herein are estimated times. Weather, traffic, and other circumstances can affect timelines of service. Please contact Essex County Transportation office at 1-800-914-9266 to find out where any particular bus is at any given time.
SHOPPERS SHUTTLES April-December – Reservations Required – $5 per person roundtrip
Note: Minimum number of passengers required for shopping shuttle to operate. Call (800) 914-9266 to reserve.
Whiteface Mountain Ski Shuttle (mid December – mid March)
The free ski shuttle has ended for the 2021/2022 season. The shuttle will resume service in mid December 2022.
* If you have trouble opening the schedule please try using another browser. We currently support Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge (not IE). You can also try to clear out your browser’s cache. Note that you can hit the Download button OR click the blue link above.
Route 73 Hiker Shuttle Service
(schedule coming Summer 2022)
Other Counties Schedules
Clinton County: Ausable Route Schedule
Please take our most recent public transportation survey.
(Please note that the Essex County ride share website has been discontinued)
Abogo is a tool that lets you discover how transportation impacts the affordability and sustainability of where you live.
The Transportation-to-Work Toolkit for the Business Community gives businesses the information they need now to assist their employees in realizing a timely, cost-efficient commute that promotes productivity at your business site and employee satisfaction.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Governor Hochul signed into law a Young Adult CDL Class A Program. This program, which is effective on May 14th, 2022, will enable 18-20 year old drivers to qualify for a Class A Commercial Driver License for intrastate operation. For more information, visit the New York DMV website.
Contact: Doreen Abrahamsen, Transportation Coordinator
- Supervising Bus Driver
- Part-time bus drivers – Lake Placid based and Elizabethtown based positions available